Thank you to Bflury on TS3 Forums for organizing this list! I fixed a lot of spelling/grammar/writing issues for you guys…enjoy!
Everything below has been 100% confirmed, excluding the final category.
This is a list of features that were COMPLETELY CUT or REDUCED from previous iterations of The Sims. It DOES NOT include missing expansion pack content that should be base by now (i.e. Weather) or new features promised for Sims 4 that were later cut (i.e. Woohoo Skill).
Lastly, it is important to understand that much of this content will NEVER be in The Sims 4. Things like Create a Style are not compatible with the game engine, and thus cannot be added in future updates or expansions.
MAJOR MISSING FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:
- No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions (x)
- No modifications to world/public spaces - The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
- No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
- No open world - You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total (x1) (x2)
- No pools (x)
- No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
- No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention (x)
- No toddlers (x)
- No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
- No Mac version of the game at release
idk now i’m kind of happy i haven’t preordered the game yet… seems way crappy after having so much amazing stuff in TS3. and then go down with stuff worse than TS2 imo and keep graphics like GTA5 eh. I think I’ll just keep playing TS3. at least I won’t have to keep recoloring other peoples CC just to get it the color I want. meh They should really do something. better. :\
Preordering TS4 saturday. (: ////
I’ve not played for quiet a bit. Mostly bc I cannot afford a new laptop :( 3
yeah he’s on the list. i’ve just been super busy but i’m going to be making quiet a bit thursday and friday on my days off. :)